Saturday, February 20, 2016

Tim Holtz distress crayons part 1

Well I got my got my Distress crayons this week and the colours are yummy...


I did a colour swatch card for them, leaving them in their groupings. I scribbled on to a small piece of card then blended it out a bit with my finger.


Then I decided to have a play, I used a piece of Tim Holtz distress paper, Dylusions small dotted flowers stencil and the white distress crayon. I used the crayon where the dots were on my paper and blended it with my finger, then heat set it, I then used mini ink blending tools and dried Marigold, Tumbled glass and picked raspberry ink pads, when I had finished blending I spritzed the paper with water and used a heat gun to dry


for the next sample I used watercolour paper and scribbled onto it and used a brush and water to blend it out.. although it does blend out you can still see the original scribble


For my next one I used a piece of white card and painted on a thin layer of white gesso, once it had dried, I once again scribbled with my crayons and used a paintbrush and water, this time it blended out much smoother and you can't see the original scribble ( just my brush strokes..).


for this piece I also put gesso onto a piece of card, this time I only used 4 crayons and blended them better than my first attempt, getting the colours to mix.. I definitely like the way the come out on the gesso


1 comment: